Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow + Ice Day

We had so much fun tonight with the southern snow and ice storm.  This afternoon, there were a couple of inches of snow with about 1/4 of an inch of ice on top - which made for some good sledding.

I know that this first picture is blurry, but I wanted to show the fun the boys had this morning.  One would get to sit on the sled while the others would run them up a bike ramp.  My camera kept messing up and I couldn't get an in focus shot or one that showed them in air.


Later on, we went to our school field that has some great hills.  My Mom let me borrow a really cool antique sled with blades in case the ice got thick enough.  You wouldn't believe how fast it was!  However, only my youngest son was light enough for it to fly and not get stuck.


Valera had a blast on the smaller hills.





I don't think anybody enjoyed it more than my little bit.  She was fearless.  She would find the steepest part and jump on the saucer and go.  She would also climb on her brother's laps and steal rides with them.




We moved to the bigger hills after about an hour, and it took some of the kids a little while to work up their courage.  In the picture above, you can see that the girls decided to slide down on their rears.

No comments: