Sunday, January 23, 2011

I haven't been blogging much - because I've been a reading addict.  I haven't sewn in at least a couple of months.  I haven't picked up my knitting needles, either.  I have, however, carried my Nook everywhere I go.  I've read while I dry my hair, in the bed, at red lights...

I thought maybe I'd keep a list of what I read in 2011 and, since I like to keep my posts short and sweet, a very short review of each one.

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1) - Pretty good original little story, about a girl who realizes she is a changeling and finds her true idenity.  Short, quick read.

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, Book 2)

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble: The Jolie Wilkins Series, Book 1 - Best paranormal romace I've read.  H.P. Mallory is a very good author and I can't wait until the 3rd book comes out.

Toil and Trouble, a Paranormal Romance (Book 2 of the Jolie Wilkins Series)

To Kill A Warlock: Dulcie O'Neil Series - Another good book by H.P., but, in my opinion, I like the Jolie books better.

Water for Elephants: A Novel - Best book I have read in awhile.  Very sweet and touching story and I can't wait for the movie to come out.  The husband even read this one and loved it.


Bet Me - um, good while I read it, but already forgotten the plot.

My Blood Approves - ugh, dragged on and on without going anywhere.

Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1) - My newest series of books.  Good and original  I just started this series midweek and I'm already on the 4th book.  Gripping story that I can't put down.

Bloodfever: The Fever Series (A Mackayla Lane Novel)

Faefever: The Fever Series

Dreamfever: The Fever Series

Once I finish the 5th book in this series, I am putting my Nook down for awhile.  There is an apron that needs to be sewn, a scarf that needs to be knitted, and some dishes that need to be cleaned.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Amy...I want a Nook color Soooo badly! I even called the Snellville B&N to see if they had in stock:) I just haven't done it yet because I am back in school & don't know if I really have time for one:(
Maybe as a graduation present next year??