Sunday, January 2, 2011

The apron I made -

I never did post pictures of the apron that I sent out to my partner for Shawnee's Flirty Apron Swap.

We were supposed to spell out a wintry word and include "tuck ins" for each letter of the word.  I chose the simple word SNOW.

For the letter "S", I sent my partner socks. 

I kind of reached for the "N" tuck in.  The only thing I could think of was a nutcracker, and I just couldn't find one that I liked enough to send.  In the end, I decided to send her a garland of  her Name.  Thanks to my ultra cook father in law, I got a Cricut for Christmas and was able to make this super easy!


For the letter "O", I sent two ornaments.  My partner decorates her tree in pink and cream - so I hope these two beauties looked good on her tree.


For the "W", I sent a recipe for Wassail along with two mugs.  Unfortunately, I heard that one of the mugs was smashed in shipping. 


Finally, here is the apron - since the theme was snowflakes, I went with the snowflake patterned fabric.

No comments: