Monday, March 26, 2012

Growing Up

I had my first born son just a few years ago.  I'm not sure where the time went, but he turned 14 this past weekend.  This week I am meeting with a counselor about his high school schedule.  Yes, high school!  He wanted to know if he could invite some friends over to celebrate his day; I agreed, but only his closest friends.  When I was that age I had three close friends.  I'm not sure if I was just not a friendly person (like I am in my old age) or if his definition of close is a bit looser than mine.  He had 9 friends over to spend the night.  With my kids, that was 15 wild ones staying up all night.  Well, one had to go home early, so it was really only 14.


I didn't want to put a clear picture of up the other kids, not knowing if their moms would appreciate that or not.  I do want to point out that the kid on the far right is the boy who fell out of our tree ... and his Mom actually let him back in my house!

It was a fun weekend, he had a great birthday, and he's already looking forward to getting his learner's license next year.

No comments: