Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Skechers BOBS?? And .... My Thoughts on Henny Penny

I would normally put something like this on my Facebook status; but since I'm on an indefinite FB fast, you'll have to deal with reading about it here.

I just saw my first commercial for Skechers BOBS.  As usual, I'm late finding out about things, so maybe everyone else has seen the the commercial or is wearing a pair right now.  If you haven't, though, imagine a pair of TOMS. 

Now, imagine that the little tag on the side said BOBS instead of TOMS, and you'd have a pair of BOBS.  Seriously!  I have no idea why this irked me so, since I am one of the few in this country who doesn't own a pair of TOMS.  Did they have to make them look exactly the same, even with a sort of the same name?

I guess in the end, Skechers is doing a great thing, also, as they are also giving away a pair of shoes for every pair of BOBS we consumers buy.  Actually, according to the Soles4Souls website, they give away two pairs of shoes for every pair you buy.  The statement below was taken from the site:

BOBS by Skechers
The philosophy is simple; the potential impact is huge. Buy a pair of BOBS and SKECHERS will give 2 pairs to children in need through Soles4Souls. First donations will begin Summer 2011.

A lifestyle footwear leader and a trusted brand around the globe, SKECHERS has taken this philosophy to heart. Inspired by the good deeds of others, SKECHERS believes they can make an impact that’s unsurpassed – reaching more children worldwide than ever before. 

 
So what do you think?  Ripoff or the more the merrier?


In other totally unrelated news:  my daughter checked out Henny Penny from the school library today.  Can you believe that I didn't know the story of Henny Penny?  I thought I knew it.  I knew the famous line, "The sky is falling, I must go tell the King!"  I even knew some of the characters like Turkey Lurkey and Ducky Lucky.  However, I did not know that all of the other characters get eaten by Foxy Loxy and to tell you the truth, I really didn't see that one coming.  So I guess in all my years, I have never read Henny Penny!  Can you believe it?  It's really not a good story, maybe that's why my Mother never told it to me as a child; or maybe I chose to block it out of memory.  My daughter loved it though, so much that we had to read it a second time.  And if I know her, we will read it another 30 times before returning it to the library next week.

No comments: