Sunday, January 15, 2012

Addicting Little Series

My son got the first 5 books in The 39 Clues series for Christmas.  He went on and on about how great the first one was and begged me to read it.  I did, just to please him, not really expecting anything from a book that my 10 year old enjoyed.  Let me tell you, those little books are chock-full of adventure!  I'm addicted and read all 5 within the week.  Now I've ordered the rest and can't wait until Tuesday so I can find out what happens next.

Within the books there are also clues and riddles for you to figure out yourself.  My boy solved a code within some of the pages and the message was this:


"This competition is about hope"

It reminded me of the scene in A Christmas Story when the boy gets his decoder ring and finds the message, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine".  Yup, my boy felt just about as disappointed as Ralphie with the message he found.

No comments: