Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pleased With Myself

My Mom and I got to spend the day together last week having an afternoon tea at the tahCha Teahouse.  Side note, they have GREAT hot teas if you ever have a chance to stop by.  On the way, we stopped by Intown Quilters.  It was a GREAT fabric store that we've been wanting to go to for two years and I'm so glad we finally made it.

I fell in love with the Oliver + S Jump Rope Dress  pattern over the internet, but I couldn't find it in the 4-8 size.  Well Intown Quilters had it!  I snatched it up and found this crazy cute argyle fabric and got to work right way.  However, I quickly lost steam when I read the directions and saw I had to do a placket.  Words like "precise" scared me a bit, because as you can see from my interfacing strips, I'm not exactly precise.  Now that I look at the picture, the pattern is off on the argyle, too - although I cut that on the fold, so not my fault.


Anyway, I persevered and followed step by step ......

 
Outside right placket
 
Inside right placket

 And sewed my first placket!



In the end, the plackets were not near as bad as I thought they'd be; and like the title of my post says, I'm pleased.

Too bad I have 5 bushels of apples that need tending to and I can't finish the dress.

No comments: