Monday, February 21, 2011

Proud Mom


My oldest was one of eight 7th and 8th graders from his school to make our District Honor Band.  Kids from 14 counties got together and in less than two days, they were able to put on a great concert.  It was amazing how good this band sounded - if you heard them, you'd probably think you were listening to a professional symphony orchestra.

The only bad thing was, we sat on the wrong side of the auditorium and didn't get to see our boy until they stood to take a bow.  It was almost like a real life hame of Where's Waldo.  I am so proud of my boy; he is quite the musician. 


You might not know this about me, but I am nuts over popcorn.  I eat it almost every day.  In fact, I changed grocery stores purely for popcorn.  I found out that Ingles gives free bags to kids under 12; but the folks there are nice enough to give me a free bag, too!  So of course, when I saw a billboard for Popcorn Haven on the way home from the concert, I made Derek get off the exit.  I was expected a place to sell different kinds of kernels, so I was a bit dissappointed when I walked in to a room full of pre-popped and very unusual flavored popcorn.  I felt obliged to buy some, though, and let me tell you .... I have found my new favorite snack.  Key Lime Pie flavored popcorn.  Sounds gross but trust me, delicious.  If you are ever near Calhoun, GA - you should check it out.  Some of the weirder flavors that I did NOT want to try were steak, hawaiian pizza, and cheese caramel.

2 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

I love those flavored popcorns too... I've seen the sign for that place but always been trying to be good on my diet when I went by :(... the key lime sounds amazing to me!!

jennifer robin said...

The cheese caramel is probably pretty good!! You should give it a chance. I buy a popcorn mixture that is Cheese, Caramel and buttered. OMG, it is to die for!!!!!