Thursday, May 3, 2012

Trying a Healthier Lifestyle

In an effort to eat and live healthier, we've joined a CSA.  If you curious about what a CSA is or if there is one available near you, visit this site.  This week I got some farm fresh eggs, beets, snap peas, lettuce, and also got to try my first ever goat's milk!  The one I joined is just $15 a week, and I think that's a deal, esp since my farmer delivers to my door.

I know I said I'm trying to eat healthier, but old habits die hard.  The first week of our delivery, farmer Paul walked into my kitchen with bottles of Coke on my counter.  He is the kind of live off the earth kind of guy, and I felt a kind of crazy guilt having a soda in front of him.  Silly, I know - as he probably didn't think anything of it.  Maybe.


I also found a magazine that I love, called Clean Eating.  You know some magazines that seem mostly ads and not a lot of info?  This is not one of those.  I've found great recipes and inspiration the issues I've bought. 

When browsing through Amazon the other day, I found the Clean Eating has put out two cookbooks with great recipes from past issues.  I ordered one, but haven't tried anything yet - but let me tell you the dishes look delicious.  Check it out:


I've also been working out to Jillian Michaels videos.  I started doing 30 Day Shred everyday for a 12 or so days, then I switched it up and added some more of hers, including Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones and Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred Let me tell you, she's kicking my butt.  She must know what she's doing because after only 3 weeks, I've already lost 1 1/2 off my waist.  A lot of reviewers complain about her yapping and rudeness, but I find that she's just what I need to whip my big butt into shape.  If you're looking for a great workout at a good price, I think the 30 Day Shred is a great place to start.

No comments: