Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dirty Girl Mud Run and More

I have wanted to do a mud run ever since I first heard of them, which is weird, since a) I don't like to run, b) I have no strength at all do the the obstacles, and c) I don't like to get dirty.

When the opportunity to do the Dirty Girl mud run came, I jumped at the chance.  Luckily, there were some other girls in my group who didn't run so I had someone to walk with me.

Here we are pre race, all squeaky clean.


This was the last mud pit ...and the one where I got crazy muddy from someone (Hunter) throwing mud all over me.


They had a station where you could donate your muddy shoes, and some of us gladly threw ours in the pile.


Here I am, after the race, in all my muddy glory.  It was fun, but next time I think I would rather do a mud run with Derek.  He motivates me like no one can and I think I could have made it over the walls and cargo nets better with him cheering me on (and pushing my big butt over).


I made it home to see my older two off to a dance/awards night for band and chorus at the school.  Can you believe it's the end of the school year already?




Above is my 7th grader who plays trumpet, and who tucked in his shirt long enough for a picture.  Below is the 8th grader who plays trombone, and who also won an award tonight for best trombone; and who also can, surprisingly, pull off a bow tie.


Against their wishes, my man and I chaperoned the event.  It only took washing my hair 5 times to get the mud out and make myself halfway presentable.

1 comment:

vicki said...

I surely am missing a lot of news by being out of touch for this month! Did not know you were going through with the mud run...looks like you enjoyed yourself without Derek to push you over. MoM