Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kyoko Dress

To tell you the truth, I never thought I liked the Kyoko dress pattern by modkid.  It wasn't until I saw some of the amazing creations on the MODKID Flickr group that I decided I wanted to make one for my girls.


Sometimes I make them dresses that I'm so proud of, and they could care less for them.  However, this was not one of those times!  As you can see in the pictures, she was more than pleased with her new outfit.  Well, once I added the obi (the cummerbund thing).   



Added just because it was so cute.


Even the redhead loved it and wants me to make her one.  I had her try it on to see if I needed to go up a size.  Luckily, I don't have to trace another pattern, because it fits her perfectly!


Since I made plenty of bias tape, I think I'll go buy different fabric that will match the zebra accent for a second dress. 

Look at those peepers!

Bottom line, I loved making this pattern.  The instructions were very clear and this was a quick sew.  It probably took about three hours, including making my own bias tape.  I'm looking forward to making another!

1 comment:

Knitika said...

You just keep cranking out the adorable dresses! I miss having a little girl to make dresses for.