Friday, November 11, 2011

Darn It!

After playing with a huge but lovable dog over the weekend, my son came home with a nice tear in his new shirt.



My Mom has darned things for my kids before, and it always looks fairly good.  The one time I tried it, it didn't look too good.  The trick that I didn't know about and my Mom told me earlier this week is to put fabric under what your darning.  Duh .... why didn't I think of that?

As you can see in the above picture, the tear was L shaped, so I had to darn a fairly large area.


It's much better than throwing the shirt away, and since the hole was in the bottom of the shirt I don't think it's that noticeable.  I really should have used a different color thread.  If I were a professional, I would have done gray thread on the gray square, and red on the red.  However, I am not a professional; just a simple Mom who saved a shirt from the trash.


No comments: