Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's over!


My husband has been working on a project the past couple of weeks and he's pretty much come home only to sleep. Isn't that ridiculous? Yes, I think so, too. Well, after working a 23 hour shift, he was able to present it to his boss this morning. woohoo, we get our husband and daddy back home!


In sewing news, I made the Amy Butler Sling Tote over the weekend. It was very quick and easy to sew after I cut out the hundred pieces and ironed on the interfacing on every piece. I think I'm am going to send this off to my partner for the tote bag swap. Above is a picture of the inside, it has 3 pockets, and here is a close-up of the fabric ....



Okay, I think this picture has convinced me to start my weight watchers back up. Beware, wide load below:



6 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

I saw them this morning... all I can say is WOAH... they looked tired. I am glad they made it and we know all to well how those deadlines and late nights take their toll on the family. Hopefully things will get back to some kind of normalcy here before too long. Hang in there!

Speaking of which... dinner Friday?
we will have to run to Sam's afterwards but I think we are good to go this week if you guys are free.

Anonymous said...

I like, I like...and I love how Molly is posing just like you!

Nikki said...

SUPER cute! I love the fabric!

kt said...

ooh I really like this bag - it's HUGE! and I love the picture of Red posing with it. It's nearly the size of her - soo cute!

I just brought some midwest modern fabric to make Amy Butler's frenchy bag. hopefully it will turn out as great as yours!

Susannah said...

Very chic looking and a great size too! All the work was worth it X

Unknown said...

Oh Amy... I am so sorry you didn't see my comment I posted ... hummmmmmm oh I know it posted it some where darn it!!
I am so in love with this bag its fantastic.. I was so shocked to receive such a nice bag. Wow girl you really out did your self on this one. It is sew nice!!! I also love the very nice bright fabric you sent. I can't wait to make something out of it. It is just up my alley bright and exciting.
Once again.. I am so sorry you did not see my post. I think I posted it on the itching 2b stitiching site under the tote bag swap :O)
Thank you again for such a nice tote :)
M
PS this is one reason .. I think we should have our swaps email address so we can thank them in person. :)