Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homemade Doughnuts


We celebrated my husband's 36th birthday earlier this week with a rainy day off of school and work; and we made homemade doughnuts!  Yumm-O these things were good.  I used this recipe.  The hardest part was waiting for them to rise the 2nd time.

The kids wanted chocolate glaze, so I split the glaze recipe and added cocoa to half of it.  While they liked the chocolate better, Derek and I thought the original recipe was delicious. 


We bought a new living room set over the weekend, so that meant no money left over for any present other than food and sleeping in.  That's okay, though, because we do not need another tie or men's shirt brought into this house.  I swear, my man has better and more clothes than I do.  And that's not right.

HaPpy BirThDAy, BabE!

No comments: