Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Fun


We went to Stone Mountain yesterday (and saw the most amazing fireworks) with Derek's co-worker and his family, who all happen to be from India.    Guess what Jabeen brought to pass the time away while we waited for the Laser Show and fireworks?  Henna!


She made the most beautiful designs on my hand and on both girls hands.  If you look on the hand on the right and on my hand, you'll see three hearts .... we were told that they represent my two daughters and me.


Here's my hand.  We ended up running out of light and time by the time the back of my hand dried.  I would LOVE to get her to do my palm before we go to the beach.


Speaking of the beach, we are going on a long road trip soon.  I started a project last night to take along with me on the 800+ mile (one way) drive.  I'm using this wave blanket pattern with cotton fleece yarn.  I am going to change the colors more often than the pattern.  I'm about ready to start color #3.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: