Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Fun


Can you believe that in all of my life living in the Atlanta area, that I've never climbed Stone Mountain.  We decided to go Monday and see the special Memorial Day Laser Show and hike the mountain while we waited.  It was my first, and more than likely my last time hiking it!


Here we are at the beginning when my hair was still fixed and I had makeup on.


By the end of the one mile hike, I was wishing I had taken a Bayer aspirin - I watch enough TV to know that's what you're supposed to take at the first sign of a heart attack.  Amid all of my huffing, puffing, and sweating; I looked around and saw my kids running up, my four year old and an eight months pregnant lady passing me!  Derek, always patient, cheered me on until I finally made it. 


Derek and the kids at the TOP!


Here is Matt and I waiting on the Laser Show to start.  I don't know why - but this kid reminds me of Rusty from the movie Vacation.  I don't know if it's the braces or the skinny; but I do know if Chariots of Fire played as he ran and he had a mullet the look would be complete. 

If anyone who reads this lives in the ATL area, I HIGHLY recommend going to see the Laser show on a holiday weekend.  The Memorial Day celebration was truly patriotic; and the fireworks were awesome!

No comments: