Saturday, May 8, 2010

Halter Top

Last year at Stitches South, I bought a huge 950 yard skein of 50% bamboo / 50% cotton yarn.  It's been sitting in my sewing room doing nothing as I was dreading winding it.  Thanks to my wonderful husband, I now am the owner of a Knitpicks yarn ball winder!  He did not know, however, that you need a swift to go with it.  Since he is the one who likes gadgets, he has gotten to use the winder while I hold the yarn and spin around as fast as I can (not really folks, I just hold it standing still).  We wound the 950 yards and it made 4 cakes!

 I had been wanting to make one of the girls a tank top from a great book I got at Stitches - Barefoot Knits.  I had been eyeing that book from the author's web site for a couple of years; and I was lucky enough to find ONE copy at Stitches.  The girls chose the halter top for me to make first and let me tell you; that bamboo/cotton was a perfect yarn! 

1 comment:

NadineC said...

Amy - that turned out sooooo cute! I'll bet she loves it.