Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day



We have had a great weekend! It started with a four day President's Day weekend for the kids. Then we had a great snowfall on Friday. We usually don't get much snow here in the south. But it just kept falling and falling and was so beautiful.



The kids had so much fun playing, and Charlie got to make his first snow angel. Three of the boys even made a snowman all by themselves. I think the pine straw and leaves mixed in from our unkempt yard add a special touch.



The best surprise of all, though, was when the these arrived on my doorstep Friday afternoon from my Valentine. Aren't they pretty? I think they are the most beautiful flowers I've ever got.



We had Filet Mignon tonight for a special Valentine's Day dinner by candlelight. The kids thought that was the best thing ever and wondered why we don't do that every night.

The best part of all is .... they're predicting more snow tomorrow!!!

No comments: