Saturday, October 24, 2009

More pajamas



Today it was Red's turn for pajamas. I used more $2.40 a yard flannel from Jo Anns. I wish y'all could reach in the screen and feel these; man are they soft.

I learned something today. After having my Grandma's old sewing machine for 10 years, I finally learned how to sew a buttonhole. Yes, friends, you read that right .... I've never sewn a buttonhole on my machine. They've always scared me. My machine manual doesn't have any specific instructions, but thank goodness my Grandma wrote in the side margin "press tie-off buttonhole". I found out that once the button is as long as I need it, I press the "tie-off buttonhole", then it starts sewing back up the other side. Now the trick that I didn't realize before today is - I need to press the "tie-off buttonhole" one more time at the end for it to finish it off.

I'm rambling, I know, but my point is I learned something that I should have learned years ago. Check out these fabric covered buttons on the PJ top - precious!




I'm glad I finished the girls PJs. It's supposed to get down to 38 degrees in the south tonight, brrrrrr.

No comments: