Monday, March 9, 2009

A visit with Papa, part 1


My Papa went through a season of life where he planted Jonquils every year. And I mean a couple of hundred bulbs year after year. Today there is a sea of Daffodils in his front yard. Let me tell you, it is beautiful.


All the little ones kept picking them and offering them to Papa, whom my oldest is named after.


I got so many good pictures, it was hard to chose which ones to post. Although the above isn't great of the kids, I thought it showed a lovely shot of the flowers.


There will be more pictures coming in the next post of what we found in the backyard - even cuter than what was in the front yard. Just wait!

4 comments:

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

How beautiful! And what a great memory for your kids to have with their Grandfather. It reminds me of the fields of bluebonnets we have here in TX!

FeFe@Good Intentions said...

aw! I used to drive by his house every year...even before I knew you. There is not a single thing blooming here yet :(

Nicole said...

Those are gorgeous! We are hoping to go by in a few days and take pics of the girls!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!
I'd love to do this someday. Just plant & plant.
Your children must look forward to the blooms each year!