Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Wreath


I saw the cutest burlap wreath on Sew Mama Sew's Flickr page.  After searching on the Internet for some burlap wreath tutorials (and there a lot out there), I decided to make a very simple burlap Halloween wreath.  I can't even remember which blog I got the idea from, so I apologize. 

Wreaths are half off at Hobby Lobby this week - so it made the straw wreath $1.50.  I got a couple of yards of burlap - with the 40% off coupon online, that worked out to be $4.80.

All you do is cut the burlap into strips and tie them around the burlap.  It's so easy a child could do it.  In fact, my 7 and 5 year literally did the whole thing in a matter of 15 minutes while I cut.

I made a ghost out of a Kleenex.  I set the marker down too long for his eyes, so it looks a little like an alien ghost.  Derek laughed at it when he got home, so I tore it off and threw it at him.  He, being the man that he is, wiped his nose with it then tossed it away.




Now I just have a plain black wreath with no awesome tissue ghost - but the kids love it.  They're proud, and I'm happy to have at least one Halloween decoration up outside now.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it! It turned out super cute and looks very easy!!