Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday girl



My oldest daughter turned five over the weekend. We spent the day at home enjoying each other's company. Check out that huge slice of cake her Daddy cut for her.

Then we put the tree up and it mostly decorated. I need to redo some things because the littlest one seemed to put four ornaments on one branch; so it's a tad bottom heavy right now.



I have another smaller tree in the den that I'm going to let the kids decorate with ornaments that they have made and received over the years. The boys even brought it down from the attic and set it up all by themselves. I'm loving them getting older to do the bigger jobs around the house. The past couple of months, the older three fight over who gets to use the leaf blower. How long do you think that will last?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scene. I forgot about the birthday dress...did she enjoy wearing it?