Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Aprons I've sent out the past couple of weeks
Here's the aprons I've sent out to partners in the past two swaps I've been in. Both are using a halter apron pattern.
The only difference is - instead of using bias tape around the halter like on the top apron, I lined the halter section on the bottom apron. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of applying bias tape, and I'd rather use more fabric than use bias tape! I ended up cutting the pattern pieces a bit bigger for a seam allowance and I love the way it turned out. I also cut the ties twice as wide, to sew it together and turn it - much easier than turning under all around and top stitching.