Tuesday, January 27, 2009


I made little bit the Oliver + S Playdate dress yesterday. Isn't it sweet? I used the Amy Butler fabric I bought from a local gal last week. I think Anna did a fine job of picking out material for this dress.


And I think I found my new favorite pastime .... covering buttons with fabric. I don't know why I enjoyed it so, and I don't know why I waited so long to open my button mold package.


I left out the trim around the yoke. Next time I make one, I think I'll try that. I also left the ruffles off the yoke because I thought the material was busy enough without them.

I'm very please with this, and Anna is, too.

4 comments:

T.J. Freeman Jr. said...

This dress looks very nice! I'm sure Sadie would LOVE one :).... Post some closeup pictures of the buttons when you have time.

Nicole said...

That is adorable!! I am borrowing Jewel's sewing machine, so you need to come over and give me a lesson so I can start making cute stuff like that :)

Anonymous said...

You are once again, AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

kt said...

Your right Amy, I love LOVE it. Little bit looks like an absolute doll and she picked some really great fabrics. I hope you use this pattern alot, it's very sweet.

Ps. I too love covering my own buttons. I did it for the fabric scrap swap and have been obsessed ever since. I love the different buttons you get especially with large patterned fabric and you never quite know how it's going to turn out until the fabric is wrapped around - woo hoo excitement :)